NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Purchasing does not improve your chances of winning. The Real Simple Life’s Messy Moments with Arm & Hammer™ Plus OxiClean™ Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. + DC, who are age 18+ at the time of entry. The Sweepstakes Submission Period begins on 08/07/17 and ends on 09/04/17. Click here for entry details and Official Rules www.usscpromotions.com/realsimple/lifes-messy-moments. Entrants submitting via Instagram must have an active e-mail account, Internet access and access to an iOS or Android smartphone with a data plan. Message and data rates may apply. If uploading an entry from one’s Instagram account, you agree to comply with all Community Standards of Instagram, as applicable. Void outside the U.S., in Puerto Rico and wherever else prohibited by law. Sponsor: TI Media Solutions Inc., 225 Liberty St., New York, NY 10281. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Instagram.
Real Simple Life’s Messy Moments with Arm & Hammer™ Plus OxiClean™ Sweepstakes
NOTICE TO ONLINE ENTRANTS
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to Sponsor’s satisfaction. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged or illegible entries; or (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for the incompatibility of entrant’s hardware, software or browser technology. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and the independent judging organization, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from any Sweepstakes it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules; and (ii) withdraw the online method of entry if it becomes technically corrupted (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Sweepstakes), and to select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to withdrawal.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Real Simple Life’s Messy Moments with Arm & Hammer™ Plus OxiClean™ Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and wherever else prohibited by law. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors and agents of TI Media Solutions Inc. (the "Sponsor"), Real Simple, Church & Dwight Co., Inc., US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company (the “Administrator”), their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members of, and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Monday, August 7, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on Monday, September 4, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. Entry: There are two (2) ways to enter.
Sponsor may not receive entries from Twitter or Instagram users with “protected” updates or profiles that are not public (i.e. user has set the Account so that only people the user has approved can view updates). Twitter and Instagram posts not received by the Sponsor will not be entered into the Sweepstakes. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address, Twitter account or Instagram account. Incomplete Sweepstakes Entries will not be accepted and are void.
Each Instagram Entry and Twitter Entry must include an original Photo (herein, each is collectively referred to as a “Sweepstakes Entry”). Sweepstakes Entries submitted with a Photo that has already been submitted or that is substantially the same as a previously submitted Photo, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be disqualified.
Limits of entry:
- There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person per day regardless of method of entry.
- There is a limit of one (1) Entry per unique Photo. Entries submitted with a Photo that have already been submitted to the Sweepstakes will be disqualified.
- There is a limit of one (1) prize per person.
All Sweepstakes Entries must be received between Monday, August 7, 2017 at 12:00:00 AM ET and Monday, September 4, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM ET. All methods of entry have an equal chance of winning. Any additional Entries received from any person within the same day will be void and will be disqualified. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” is defined as the twenty-four (24) hour time period commencing at 12:00:00 AM ET, and ending at 11:59:59 PM ET.
For the avoidance of doubt, uploading a Photo to Twitter or Instagram alone will NOT result in an entry into the Sweepstakes. Once a Sweepstakes Entry is submitted it cannot be modified by an Entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, garbled, inaccurate, invalid, misdirected, undelivered, or delayed Entries. No altered or incomplete submissions will be accepted.
SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS: All Sweepstakes Entries must comply with the following minimum guidelines to be eligible:
- The Entrant should be the primary subject of the Photo. No other individuals may appear in the Photo without express written permission. If Photo features a minor under the age of majority in his/her state of residence, you must obtain written permission from the minor’s legal guardian.
- Photos submitted via Twitter or Instagram must include the hashtag #ArmandHammerSweepstakes in the photo caption or comment.
- Photos must conform to the format and size requirements and limitations of, Twitter or Instagram.
- Entry and Photo cannot contain content that is irrelevant to the purpose of the Sweepstakes.
- Once a Photo has been submitted, it cannot be modified or deleted by Entrant.
- Each submitted Photo must be original, on which no image editing software has been used.
- No duplicate Photos or substantially similar Photos, as determined by the Sponsor’s in its sole discretion, may be submitted.
- By submitting a Photo taken by a third party, Entrant warrants and represents that he/she has secured all rights and clearances to the Photo from the photographer.
- Entry and Photo cannot be profane, pornographic, sexually explicit or suggestive or contain nudity.
- Entry and Photo cannot be violent or promote firearms/weapons.
- Entry and Photo cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco.
- Entry and Photo cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about people, brands, products or companies.
- Entry and Photo cannot contain content that defaces or depicts any person, brand, product or company in a negative or inappropriate manner.
- Entry and Photo cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group or be derogatory to any ethic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group.
- Entry and Photo cannot reference or contain materials embodying copyrighted images, names, likenesses or other indicia identifying any brand, products, company or person, living or dead, without permission.
- Entry and Photo cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor, Twitter and Instagram wish to associate.
- Entry and Photo cannot depict illegal activity and cannot itself be in violation of any law.
- Entry and Photo cannot in any way reference persons or organizations without written permission from any person or organization whose name or likeness is used.
- Entry and Photo may not include images of a known celebrity, famous or well-known person or any image which violates the right of privacy or publicity of any person.
- Photo cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or won any previous awards.
By submitting an Entry, the Entrant understands and grants to the Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive worldwide license to use his/her Sweepstakes Entry, Photo, name, hometown and likeness on the Sponsor’s various websites and social media sites and in advertising and/or promotional activities worldwide without compensation, permission or notification. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter, change or modify any Sweepstakes Entry, which includes the Photo.
By submitting a Sweepstakes Entry, Sweepstakes Entrant warrants and represents that: (a) Sweepstakes Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other legal or moral rights of any person or entity; (b) Sweepstakes Entrant owns all rights to the Sweepstakes Entry, including without limitation, copyrights, and has received prior written permission from a third party if any Photo was photographed by someone other than the Sweepstakes Entrant him/herself; and (c) Sweepstakes Entrant will indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator and related entities, agents and assigns from any claims and damages (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from or relating to the breach or alleged breach of your representations and warranties herein, the Sweepstakes Entry, or Sweepstakes Entrant’s conduct in creating the Sweepstakes Entry, the acceptance or use of any prize or otherwise in connection with this Sweepstakes.
4. Prizes/Approximate Retail Value ("ARV")/Odds:
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize is available to be won. Grand Prize includes a $600 Bed, Bath & BEYOND gift card to purchase Real Simple laundry room products to make over your laundry room and a year’s supply of ARM & HAMMER™ Plus OxiClean™ Laundry Detergent, to be issued as six (6) ARM & HAMMER coupons with a value up to $9.99 each.
The ARV of Grand Prize: $659.94
First Prizes: Twenty-five (25) First Prizes are available to be won. First Prize includes a yearly subscription to Real Simple for twelve (12) issues. The ARV of First Prize: $24.00 each.
Total ARV of all First Prizes: $600.00
The total ARV of all prizes available to be won: $1,259.94.
Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received, but is estimated at 1:10,000 for a Grand Prize and 25:10,000 for a First Prize.
5. Random Drawing: The potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about Monday, September 11, 2017 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period by US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company, an independent agent of the Sponsor whose decisions are final.
6. Winner Notification: Potential prize winners will be notified by Sponsor via direct message and/or Photo comment to his/her public Instagram and/or Twitter account (the “Initial Notification”) on or about Monday, September 11, 2017. To begin the prize claim process, a potential winner must respond as instructed to the Notification with his/her full name, Instagram/Twitter ID, email address and date of birth within 48 hours of the Notification. Any potential prize winner who does not reply to the Notification with the required information and within the specified time period will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be notified.
Grand Prize potential winner: Within three (3) days of confirmation of the information received from the potential Grand Prize winner in response to Initial Notification, such potential Grand Prize winner will receive a second notification (the “Second Notification”) via email from the Sweepstakes Administrator and will be required to sign and return, within seven (7) days of initial notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, a W-9 Form and where allowable, a Publicity Release (collectively, "the Releases"). Releases will require the winner to furnish his/her Social Security Number for the sole purpose of tax reporting, as required by law. If the potential Grand Prize winner does not reply to the Initial Notification and the Second Notification with the required information and within the specified time period, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected in a separate random drawing. If a winner is otherwise eligible under these Official Rules, but is nevertheless deemed a minor in his or her state of primary residence, his/her prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the Releases on the minor winner’s behalf, as applicable. Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Prizes will be awarded within approximately 45 days after the winner is verified.
First Prize potential winners: Within three (3) days of confirmation of the information received from a potential First Prize winner in response to Initial Notification, such potential First Prize winner will receive a second notification (the “Second Notification”) via email from the Sweepstakes Administrator and will be required to provide a mailing addresses within forty-eight (48) via return email. If a potential First Prize winner does not reply to the Initial Notification and the Second Notification with the required information and within the specified time period, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected in a separate random drawing. If a winner is otherwise eligible under these Official Rules, but is nevertheless deemed a minor in his or her state of primary residence, his/her prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the Releases on the minor winner’s behalf, as applicable. Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner being verified. First Prizes will be sent within 4-6 weeks of winner being verified.
If winner notification is returned as undeliverable or if the selected winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, or he/she is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected in a separate random drawing.
7. Prize Conditions: All expenses related to the acceptance or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of prize winner.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-assignable or transferable, except to a surviving spouse. No substitution is permitted except if prize or prize component is unavailable, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Any other incidental expenses on prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of each winner. Once the prize has been delivered to the winner’s residence, the prize is considered awarded.
The winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, if applicable.
Except where prohibited by law, entry and acceptance of prize constitute permission to use each winner's name, prize won, hometown, likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
Winner acknowledges that the Sponsor and all other businesses affiliated with this Sweepstakes and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the prize being offered, except that any merchandise prize shall be subject to its manufacturer’s standard warranty (if any and if applicable).
Gift cards are not redeemable for cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Gift card usage is subject to the issuing company’s complete terms and conditions, including expiration dates.
Coupons are not redeemable for cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Coupons are subject to issuer’s complete terms and conditions.
8. Release: Participating entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company and the Sponsor, and release the Sponsor, Real Simple, Church & Dwight Co., Inc., and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related entities, successors and assigns, units and sponsors, divisions and advertising and promotional agencies, prize suppliers and all other businesses involved in this Sweepstakes, and all entities involved in the production, sponsorship and/or promotion of the prize, or any part thereof, including, without limitation, the respective directors, employees, representatives and agents of each (collectively, the “Released Entities”), from all claims and liability relating to their participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and use/misuse of the prize offered. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this Sweepstakes or use/misuse or redemption of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer and/or administration of the Sweepstakes and/or in the announcement of the prize.
9. Indemnity: Winner shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Entities from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with: (a) winner’s participation in the Sweepstakes; (b) a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any of winner’s representations, warranties or obligations herein; and (c) acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, participating entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New York. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.
ALL PARTICIPATING ENTRANTS AND PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
11. Privacy: By entering and providing the required entry information, entrants acknowledge that Real Simple and Arm & Hammer may also send information, samples or special offers it believes may be of interest to entrant, or other information or goods offered by its marketing partners. Personal information collected from online entrants is subject to the Real Simple and Arm & Hammer Privacy Policies, which can be found at https://subscription.timeinc.com/storefront/privacy/realsimple/generic_privacy_new.html?dnp-source=E and http://www.armandhammer.com/privacy.aspx respectively.
12. Official Rules: To request a copy of the Official Rules, see www.usscpromotions.com/realsimple/lifes-messy-moments, or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by Monday, September 11, 2017, to: Real Simple Life’s Messy Moments with Arm & Hammer™ Plus OxiClean™ Sweepstakes, Rules Request, PO Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625.
13. Winner Confirmation: For a written confirmation of the winner (available after Monday, September 11, 2017) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (no later than Tuesday, October 10, 2017), to: Real Simple Life’s Messy Moments with Arm & Hammer™ Plus OxiClean™ Sweepstakes, Winner Confirmation Request, PO Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625.
14. Sponsor: TI Media Solutions Inc., 225 Liberty St., New York, NY 10281.
Void in Puerto Rico and wherever else prohibited by law.